Group Tour Wines & Castles of Rhodes
Maximize your time in Rhodes and get the most out of this beautiful Greek island on your group full day tour including delicious wines and olive oil tasting. The in-depth sightseeing experience takes in all the major must-sees of Rhodes, combining them with some less touristy hidden gems. This is a worry-fee excursion, return to the ship/hotel on time is guaranteed, time for shopping is saved, lunch is provided, fun is included. Just entrust your day in Rhodes to us, we will do our best to make it memorable and enjoyable!
- Pick up
- Kritinia Castle If you want to find the place where fascinating history meets breathtaking beauty and dive into the charm of the Greek village, this place is for you. The castle of Kritinia is built on 131 m hill above the village. The original settlement with the name Kritinia was founded by the few families who escaped from Crete when it was taken by the Turks. Hence, the name of the place – Kritinia means New Crete. Initially the village was on the coast but had to be moved to the hill because of the constant threat from the pirates.
- Embonas Wineries near Embonas village are famous for producing the best wine in Greece. The village itself is incredible, being inland and relatively far from the big cities it is almost untouched and unspoiled by the tourism. Some inhabitants of the village still wear their traditional costumes and preserve local folklore. The houses are also brilliant examples of typical rural Greek architecture. All this looks like the decoration for a movie but it is not, it is real! Enjoy Embona wine tasting! There is no limit expect your strength and resilience:-) According to the feedbacks of those guests who have already participated this activity, our wines can easily compete some good Italian, French, Californian brands
- Lindos Lindos is one of the most impressive archaeological sites not only in Greece but also in the world. It has traces of different civilizations. Ancient Greek, Roman, Byzantine traditions blend here with the Medieval heritage of knights of the Order of Saint John. The visit to Lindos is like time travel via centuries and civilizations! If you go there, you will be delighted not only by the history but also by divine beauty. Take your time strolling lovely narrow streets of the village abundantly decorated with flowers, fruit trees, oriental tiles and small fountains. You will be impressed by incredible view of the harbours. The Acropolis of Lindos is on top of 116m cliff. For the Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Knights of St John and Turks it was a wonderful strategic position. You can walk up the stairs and visit it or explore the village and its cosy bays
- Feraclos Castle (Pass By) The castle of Feraclos lies 150m high on a very sharp and rocky hill, on the eastern side of the island. It used to be one of the most effectively bastioned fortresses of the Knights of St. John in the early 1300s. Exactly because of its strategic position, the Knights were able to easily monitor the activities of the enemy ships approaching the island as well as to safely travel to the sea routes of Near East and northern Africa.
- Old Town of Rhodes Enjoy some free time exploring the medieval town of Rhodes, that belongs to the World Heritage and is under protection of UNESCO. It is considered one of the few best preserved medieval cities in Europe. Let yourself stroll the narrow streets of the Old City. You will fall in love with their multiple character! You will find Turkish Mosques and Jewish Synagogues, ancient library, bathhouses, and lots of shops. All these apart from charming medieval spirit produces unique atmosphere which will not leave you indifferent.
- Transfer Back
Lunch box: Tasty sandwich,fresh fruit and water.
No questions about this tour, be the first and ask your question.
Level of activity:
Easy: You should expect only enjoyable easy walking without required climbing, jumping or running. Nevertheless, you may need to make a few steps.
Moderate: You should be prepared for a fair amount of walking with going up and down the steps. Sometimes you will need to deal with uneven surfaces like medieval cobblestones.
Intensive: You should be ready for a large amount of walking and/or climbing. We expect you not to be afraid of unpaved and uneven surfaces. Booking this type of tour, be ready for an adventure!